Online Course - naloxone workshop
This workshop focuses on the recent opioid epidemic, including the role of opioids, and how to identify and administer naloxone to reverse an opioid-related overdose. It takes a train-the-trainer approach and considers harm reduction and public health strategies to reduce overdose.
- Overview of the recent overdose epidemic
- Identifying the signs of an opioid overdose
- How to administer naloxone during an overdose
- Discuss medications for opioid use disorder
- Examine myths and barriers towards naloxone
The cost of the course is $25 and payment can be submitted before or after successful completion of the post-test and evaluation. The course is open to all licensed social work practitioners and is worth 2 Continuing Education Contact Hours in pain management.
To access the course content, please follow this link.